If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Hey Little Girl

Hey little girl
I thought I’d drop by
To say hi
Cause I know I just don’t do it enough
I know that during the moments in my life that I’ve considered tough
I needed to consider you my diamond in the rough
To call my bluff
And help me replay
Every night and every day
Every moment that forced a piece of my heart and mind to stay
Locked inside the creation of these unprocessed feelings
I now only know how to hold at bay
If only I had known
If I only knew now how to replace my bad habits for more time with you
Maybe I’d have a little more clarity on how exactly to move through
These quick sand moments, have some faith to renew
I’d know how to act/what to do
How to unhinge the lies, projected through these eyes
And have the strength to face what is true
Have the strength to face you
Little girl

Yeah I think we should spend some time catching up
I’ll help you remember your innocence
If you help me grow up
I’ll guide you, steer you clear of experience you’re not ready to see
If you’ll hold my hand, while I stand
To face the reality of me
I’ll help you realize that little girl you always wanted to be
So I can finally embrace that little girl, and let her go free
I’ll be that friend you needed to find
To understand that overly curious mind
So you can be the friend I need to breakdown
The walls of insecurities I hide behind
And when you get anxious
I’ll be there to remind
You to slow down, you’ve got time
Cause no one knows
What the future holds
And I’ll let you speak the universal truth our heart has always told
To live love
And simply trust what unfolds

I’ll assure you that loving another is not
The only reason for you to live
So you can assure me that loving another
Is not solely based on only what I have to give
And we’ll learn together that loving yourself and loving another
Are plain and simply, not mutually exclusive

We’ll move in slow motion and rewind back to the start
Taking time apart
Uncovering the broken places where you needed my mind
To understand and where I needed your heart
I’ll let you do all the things I’m scared to do
I’ll take notes and won’t be scared to try
I’ll accept all the parts of you that I work so hard to deny
We’ll open your arms to vulnerability
While we kiss my pride good-bye
We’ll take turns watching the other play
Letting each other cry
We’ll face that oh so scary question why
With an even scarier question of why…not

Why not you and I take time to relax, reflect and discuss
On how to heal you, how to heal me
To make a better us
To make better
Whatever we’re meant to be for this world
I’m exposed, ready to be sized up
And broken down
By you little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment