If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

try me...then free me...but don't expect anything

paint me inside your extravagant expectation
and leave me there to dry
wait for me to bring you joy
then watch how i die

don't take your eyes off of me
while i lay on your canvas silent and still
and let your eyes erase my movement
my being
every ounce of life, logic
and free will

arrange your decorations
around this masterpiece you think you see
wait for a vision, some sign of light
some sort of clarity
that beams into your eyes a silhouette
of someone that looks nothing like me

these expectations can make traditions
run through your heart and viens
up your spine
till it wraps around your mind
till it wraps around your words
feelings
and perceptions
covering your eyes till they're blind

you can cradle this expectation of me
hold it close and wrap it tight
provide it light
and let it manifest and grow
into a concept
a prospect
of false identity
something i could never know

expectations i've built for myself
seem to be no match for the ones you've constructed
from your own experienced building blocks
and you let them close in on me
like windowless walls
and mismatched keys to mismatching locks

which means you'll never know who
i was truly meant to be
you'll never see
through the eyes of the Earth
through the only eyes that truly know me

i can only ever know truth in my own heart
be open to those images and ideas
i don't understand
and be patient with unforgiving eyes
closed hearts
minds
and hands

so know me or not
but don't pretend you think you know what you see
the only way to free yourself of your own unrealistic
unattainable
expectations
is by allowing me to be free

No comments:

Post a Comment