If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I am

I am not a gender
this curly hair or the clothes on my back
I am not a question or an answer
I am no cause for attack

I am not my 9 to 5
or the dreams in my head
I am not the words that I write
I am not the words I’ve read

I am not a relationship
a friendship or a lover
I am not a question or an answer
or some deeper meaning to uncover

I am not the shoes on my feet
I am not a walk or a glance
I am not a one night stand
or a never ending romance

I am not a size or height
I am not emotion or feeling
I am not attention or disregard
humility or healing

I am not justification
rationality or reason
I am not a wavering opinion
that changes with the season

I am….very simply
life moving through fingers and toes
a force
an energy pulling each of us closer
to that which no one knows

I am predetermined time
giving this body breath
the staggering infinite motion of life
the inevitable stillness of death

I am life
nothing more
I am life discovering my joy
as it is written in the Earth’s core

you and I are one in the same
life and energy seeking to understand
what happiness means to us
according to natures plan

I am life…
I am life….
I am….

No comments:

Post a Comment