If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

halfway

we’d made it halfway
and considering the source
it only made sense that halfway
could be the end

half of our beginning
would never realistically amount to anything more than
half of a promise
that was never made

you simply asked if I wanted to trade
the life I’d been living
for everything you were giving
which amounted to all of…
nothing
or so you thought

so I slid halfway into your
double sided lexicon
and studied every word behind your eyes
that asked me to stay
and move on
to lay
and be gone
to play
while you won
the half of me that was no longer holding on
or so I thought

I suppose it’s possible for these
two broken halves
to make a whole
an outcome that only time
and understanding will know

so until then
im watching half of what you do
and listening to half of what you say
to keep my heart protected
in the event that we only make it
halfway

No comments:

Post a Comment