If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Monday, April 27, 2009

i know where i belong

we’d been slow dancing around the issue
for quite some time now….
bodies confused
and minds trembling

we’d lost the rulebook
or perhaps tossed it out the window
long ago
and whether it flew out her window or mine
is pointless to ponder now

we were both a long way off from any real
solid answer
understanding
comfort….
and it was comfortable

but the mind blows in
in it’s careless fashion
through heartfelt windows and doors
windows and doors
that once allowed vibrant beams of life to shine through
are now dirtied with emotional
fearful
“what if”
debris
dirtying up my floors

and as the dust settles
and coats this floor
from wall to wall
with it’s remnants of heartbreak
I notice a thick
abstract line
drawn deep through the middle
putting you on your side
and me on mine

decisions have been made
and lines have been drawn
its safe to say now
I know where I belong….
I know my love….
where I belong

1 comment:

  1. Damn, I wish I could accurately describe my feeling after reading this. It's hard to put into words, but it resonates with me. Your description is no less than beautiful. It's genuine. It's one of those pieces that could easily be a classic. The beauty does not take away from the underlying truth, but gives a feel of transformation into an untypical feeling. Anyway – I love it.

    ReplyDelete