If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Tunnel of Words

i’ve been wondering down this tunnel
of fantasy laden words
with intense devotion
peeling off the walls
and piecing together
a commotion
of powerful paragraphs
full of fabricated emotion
with little or no notion
of exactly what…
i was creating

I pressed on
in my idealistic
inexperienced fashion
blinded by pure passion
peeling and piecing
with my original intensity
never looking back to see
how the words behind me
were starting to define me
confine me
realign me
to the lines that led me down a stray path
hoping never again to find me…
those words became my past

but those words of the past
cared little
and came back
fast
to cast
their repercussions
and forged my signature on a contract
of contrast
between those very words
and my future paragraphs

and rather than balancing securely
on the walls as they once did
awaiting my careful selection
I’m now watching these words
create their own collection
of misdirection
carefully laying themselves
section
by section
on the path in front of me
feeding me into a future of
false perception
and rejection
foreshadowing crippled connections
of emotionless affection
with no opportunity for correction…
I’m speechless

all I have now are these words
and I’m speechless
nothing to describe my ups, downs and u-turns…
I’m directionless
absent of love, hate, frustration, trepidation…
I’m emotionless

less the emotion I once harbored
in my feet
leading me my own way
as I preferred
I’m blank…
I’m speechless…
trapped now
in this tunnel of words

2 comments:

  1. There you go...she's back! Loved it! This is one of those pieces that I can't wait to see and hear performed...placing the correct emotion on specifc words, as you do so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mollikins! Welcome back. Love this piece, as always :-)

    ReplyDelete