If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

For You

on this lonely night,
smoke rings fill the air
like thoughts of you fill my mind

what can be done about the untouchable
figment of my imagination that seems too real
to ever let go of
to let float back into this unforgivable universe?

with hands tied behind my back
and blind eyes leading my footsteps
i guess at the trail that lies ahead of me
and trust that the bounding trees of the redwood
won't get in my way
but rather, surround us on that unforgettable day
of you and i
you and i baby,
you and i....

my thoughts get tangled in circumstantial words
and bound by influential perceptions
of denying eyes

but then, perhaps that's a good thing
for i could never be arrogant enough to assume that
your eyes
and my heart are connecting
for all i know its my presence alone
that you're rejecting
and that's fine.

all i need you to hear are my words that speak the following:
you, all of you
your heart, your eyes,
your body, your being,
your presence,
your essence,
is more than much of this world will ever fully grasp
and understand
in the most beautifully tragic sense

but for me....
to me....
you are everything i want and can never have
you are the spirit of the earth
that pulls me from my deepest nightmares
and into my most beautiful dreams
you are what i know to be...
what God himself...
created for me.

I love you

2 comments:

  1. Your writing continues to evolve; becoming more beautiful with each piece. Your voice is expanding and now has an eloquent softness...I dig it. How wonderful that you have the ability to write in a range of feeling, topics and voices to match verses.

    "my thoughts get tangled in circumstantial words and bound by influential perceptions
    of denying eyes"

    As a friend, I am proud. As a lover of words, I am amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow, makes me, well you know......

    ReplyDelete