If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Habit (21 Lines)

1. I’ve got 21 lines to become a habit
2. you won’t want to break
3. so let me break it down for you like this
4. my love, I dream about your lips, your smile
5. pressed against mine. I dream about time
6. transferred from thoughts of you
7. to time beside you, inside you, time that takes 21 lines
8. to slide into the future of me and you. Because let’s be honest, you –
9. you carve one solid line across my chest in a language that I don’t speak and you got me
10. you got me wrapped around your finger. So I’ll take your 20 leftover lines, add ‘em to mine
11. and perhaps double my chances to wrap myself around your energy,
12. your essence, your presence that invades my daydreams
13. and seems to fire me up and cool me down all in the same thought.
14. It’s now become a responsibility of mine
15. to attempt to write myself out of these 21 lines
16. and into your heart. A responsibility I’ve been dying to take on cause you
17. you’re the one that stays on my mind and keeps me alive. A stunning and terrifying thought.
18. a thought that reflects off the moon when I look into your eyes. My love,
19. my muse, try not to confuse these lines with anything more than a wish,
20. 21 complicated thoughts that surround a desire, a response to some kind of sign
21. pointing in your direction, 21 times, in hopes to become your habit, in 21 lines.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry...are you serious? This piece is beyond amazing! Is it habitual to write with such brilliance? Lucky you - and lucky us that you shared such an inspiring arrangement of words in 21 lines! I love it! Can we discuss lines 9, 10 and 11! OMG – I had to read it twice…that’s good s*#t!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayum!!! Yoli said what I feel too. I got all wrapped up in this piece, that says a lot because not much holds my attention these days. Whew, the complexity of making the words paint a beautiful picture of admiration and love is awesome!

    ReplyDelete