If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Broken Ending

reflecting on all the things I never said to you
and knowing now that I’ll never have the chance to
i’m comforted by the tears collecting in my eyes
full of regret
spilling drops of pain down my cheek
only to sink right back into my skin
and there you are again…
under my skin

hopeless attempts to reconnect
have led us to this dead end of misleading
misunderstandings
misinformed
miscommunication….
and I miss you

and I feel like rolling over and dying
anything to stop the slide show of images
cycling behind my closed eyes
images of endless smiles
hugs
and kisses
friends forever….

that is until factors
and friendships
romances
and circumstances
circumvent
and create
harsh realities
reflecting off of an unforgiving fate of….
done

done?
how is that even possible?

I won’t beg you to think twice...
to try...
to fight...
but I can assure you that the tears collecting in my eyes
full of regret
will quickly transfer to yours if you don’t
and their pain will spill down your cheeks
when you realize you want to try now…
and I won’t

convince yourself of what you will
I can no longer hold your hand
and I’ll remain confident that this outcome
is something neither of was wanted
that neither of us planned
and that I guess
sometimes
things just don’t work out the way you planned

I’ll always be grateful for our memories
for every moment you’ve seen me through….
I’ll always miss it all….
I’ll always miss you

1 comment: