If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lost and Found

Ironically…
I find myself lost
lost amidst my own rubble and debris
trying to find some resemblance of life
trying to find love...
trying to find memory

I thought I’d started on a path
that led towards my idealistic brighter day
but I’m starting to feel the sun on my back now
as I turn and walk away

and I’m not sure what I’m counting on
to reroute me on this track
but I know it won’t be easy
to find my way back

and I know it to be true, that I don’t wander alone
on what feels like a surface of quick sand
but it’s clear I’ve lost my balance
I no longer know my way
and have never been more uncertain about where I stand

for every path I’ve ever chosen
and for those that have chosen me
I’ve only ever wanted to leave behind love
but along the way…
I’ve somehow lost me

so if you happen to see me along your own way
wallowing in “failed expectations”
“vanished dreams”
or “mislaid means to cope”
please remind me of the path
that just lay slightly out of my eye sight
that finds truth....
that finds comfort...
that finds hope…

No comments:

Post a Comment