If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dead End

its no wonder
i hold a broken compass in one hand
and a broken heart in the other
sitting here now
at this dead end

i set sail on this journey
without discretion
direction
or any means of detection
for these life altering connections
i've made...
least of all
the ones that sit with me
at this dead end

i watched labels
and inhibitions
with careful concentration
fly out car windows
and off roof tops
with no care
or anticipation
of their predestined
destination...
sitting next to me
at this dead end

days, months and years
tied together
blind eyes, smiles and tears
that exposed
tied tongues, hopes and fears
reassuring the voice inside hearts
and heads
that everything may never be as it appears
even now
even here
as it all sits with me
at this dead end

my body is anxious and sore
while my mind can only wish
hope
and pretend
that it's not time to sit here
to sit alone with these memories
alone...
at this dead end


1 comment:

  1. Growing up at then end of a dead end street taught me something very important that you just made me think of. A dead end is only a dead end if you're not willing to walk off the end of the street and into the deep dark woods, where you never know what wonders you'll discover...

    ReplyDelete