If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Let Me Live (The Prayer)

I’m ready to let you have it
and this may be all I have left to give
these very words to you
this is my last plea to let me live

So I’m gonna ask you:

How are you going to reach down inside me
to plant your seeds of hope
just to water me down with doubt
and no means or methods to cope

How are you going to build my heart
out of strength, humility and ration
just to make it pump through my veins
vulnerability, fear and passion

How are going to make me dig deeper
Internalize
Criticize
Rationalize
Realize
and apologize
When you knew damn well
those were the very efforts
that would only lead to my demise

How are you going to paint this picture of me
inside your extravagant expectation
just to leave me stranded
on a blank canvas
completely void of journey or destination

How are you going to make me question this life
but then offer no relief
how are you going to make me get down on my knees for you
when you knew I’d only end up standing in disbelief

How are you going fill my head
constantly
constantly
making me think there’s something different
something more
If this is it
if this is really all you have in store

I’d be okay with this reality
if you’d let me be okay with being done
and yet you keep my heart chasing
burning
believing
that something “big” has just begun

And I want to believe
I want to believe that you know what’s best
and that all these tears, fears and frustrations
really are just your test

Well I’ll be the first to tell you
I’ve failed this part
so it’s time for me to move on now
and reconnect with my heart

You know what I’m lookin for
You know what I have to give
so I’m asking for your help now
God, I need your help to let me live…

No comments:

Post a Comment