If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Still No Words

still no words
come to mind
as my mind circles
thoughts and ideas
of this idea
of you

i'm left only with images
glimpses
and graphics
that lend themselves
to my practice 
of practicing 
you...

words are just no match 
for such effortless infatuation
to testament
and trepidation
surrounding a rational realization
a family foundation
for your reckless concentration
constantly connecting to a higher power
of disconnected determination
to make moves 
that move my bones
in a way they've never felt before

and yet i still have no words
words that have flowed simple 
and easy 
for past loves
and lovers 
undercover
and under my covers
were simply that...
simple
and easy....
while you 
are anything but

rather you remain
the simplest seed
growing inside of me
expanding into complex
contexts
creating complicated objects
that intersect
the middle ground
of our worst
of our best
which has become the best
part of me...

so its no wonder 
no words
come easy 
for me
lay stagnant 
and still
for me
for that could never be
what you would ever be
for me

you will forever be
the contrary 
the one that pushes back 
that dares me
the one that scares me
then repairs me
that holds tight
then shares me
that prepares me
for a world i could only imagine
would never dare be
mine....
my reality

so no words 
still no words
come to mind
to describe this love....
this love thats in my heart
this love i've found... 
and still have yet to find




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words! Hey, I was wondering about the image you have at the top of your blog--(who is the creator? Do you know any production or source details). Also, if it is your creation, would you mind if I used it on a syllabus? I am a university english teacher doing a semester exploration of freedom and social justice. Thanks and keep the words flowing! (jfleres@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete