If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Home

To those select, special few in my life that define friendship, compassion and love. To those select, special few in my life that make every single day a blessing. To those select, special few in my life that define home for me. This one is for you:
they say that home is where the heart is
but what happens when you’ve misplaced your heart…

to find that answer
I had to retrace my steps
take it back to the start
when it came time to depart
on my long distance journey
recalling and recounting
every moment that taught me
and turned me
toward every touch
every feeling that loved me
and burned me
every step along the way that ultimately returned me
to the moment I’ve only ever really known to be true
each and every moment
I met each and every one of you

scattered encounters
that delicately graced
my space
with intense individuality
igniting sparks
upon my heart
through passionate personality
open arms
open minds
with the same peace like mentality
wrapping me up in one consistent commonality….
love

for which you all seem to have an endless supply
it melts into my skin
until you can see it in my eyes
where it begins to reprise
music to my ears through night ridden skies
moments and outcomes I consistently revise
morphing the magic from the words of the wise
into boundless energy
changing this world
changing this girl
because of this love
because of these ties
because of you

each of you
harboring an internal fashion
that dresses up my heart,
my soul
and my mind
chiseling away the rough cracks and corners
of this wall I hide behind
painting pictures
of a path I’ve worked so hard to find
aligned
with the faces of numberless clocks
that have given me
selfless love
in endless time…
time that has now given me the opportunity to remind
each of you
where my heart is

home is where the heart is…
an expression I had to live
for my heart to believe it true
all of you keep my heart alive
and I know I’m home
when I’m with each and every one of you

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Molly! So glad I got to be there for its debut!

    ReplyDelete