If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Can you feel it?

All I really want to say right now is how incredibly proud I am to be an American. I love America with all her beauty and all of her faults. I love the way she has forced us to see ourselves in another human being that looks upon the exterior, nothing like us. How she has forced each of us to get to know each other on a grander scale beyond what we see and in turn has allowed each of us to know ourselves a little deeper to our core.

I'm confident we're paying closer attention now more than ever. Today is one of those moments when you can literally feel the energy and spirit of the each being on this Earth move the wind that presses up against your body. A day when we can all feel, literally, connected to one another and be so incredibly proud of the life we've been granted because of the pride we feel for the life next to us that has been granted.

I'm confident we can and will make that feeling last.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. I couldn't agree with you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy and full of hope but I am cautious. My and My Peoples experience in this country has always required that. I am full of hope though.
    Jaycee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you Mista. Perhaps not on the same level but I can understand what it feels like to be hopeful and cautious all at the same time. A sentiment I think many struggle with (on different scales of course) in their everyday life. I struggle that many had to have felt the day MLK gave his speech upon the stairs of the Lincoln Memorial. And one that is wise to hold on to. Wise as long as you let the "hope" portion of that sentiment play just a little bit of a bigger role in your heart and gut....because that energy sent into the earth...is what I feel allows us to see a brighter day. Never easy to do but always doable. Thank you again for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete