If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Friday, September 10, 2010

All these questions

i split my passion and rationale in two
in hopes of making it through
making sense and make do
of the leftover pieces of me and you

black and white images that make up our past
paralleled smiles and emotional contrast
all caught within a flash
a kiss and a touch we never thought would be our last
both feeling the shards and shattered glass
of the half empty cup
we dropped and put out with yesterdays trash

but only now with physical distance in between
can my heart begin to grasp
what distance for you and I would really mean
anxiety intervenes
on this unfamiliar scene
of the crumbling black and white images strewn just for show
and the ambiguous gray emotion hidden just below
held tight in a question mark of 
a true love I will never know

and as this question mark starts pressing
when comfort and routine start digressing
its my heart that starts confessing
while my mind ends with second guessing
every move that I make
for its own comfortable sake
embedded memories of the past don't realize the toll they take
on motionless feet
terrified to make another mistake

praying they never will
unaware the first mistake has already been made
by those feet that simply stand still
forward movement is most important now
no matter direction or destination

time, trust, belief and action will serve as your
North, South, East and West
it is your hearts compass that knows you best
who's only interest
is in keeping you focused
on the questions
rather than the answers to life's test
reminds you just keep moving
while the universe takes care of the rest

No comments:

Post a Comment