If I can offer you any piece of advice it would be this:
Live now. Life is too damn short to simply wish things were different.

Monday, September 6, 2010

back to the start

no need to take it easy
no need to be hostile
though the skin that outlines
this profile
may be fragile
we both take our turn to walk each mile
of directionless circles and straight lines
hoping for clarity
though knowing it's rarity
in the emotional parody
of sustained sinserity
until my only familiraity
becomes the solemn vow i've now taken with solidarity
i let it carry me
through this uncharted territory
privately praying it drops me
and breaks my body apart
sticks and stones
can break these bones
and will still feel better than this broken heart
lets go back to the start
when the art that we created
was far greater
than any issue we ever debated
traded thoughts
deep emotions contemplated
were gifts regardless of outcome
or opinion stated
we tried
now we've waited
push came to shove
and now your gonna tell me it's love
thats overrated?
my mixed assumptions
got wrapped up in your mixed emotions
i wanted to race
through the thrill of the chase
but let you set the pace
you were different
so was i
and now it all rests in the same place
in case you weren't sure
somehow didn't see
it's dirty, it's scary
uncertain and unfair
but it's still just you and me

No comments:

Post a Comment